Depending on whom you talk to, some people don’t consider Thai Food to be very healthy, whereas others claim that it is extremely healthy. So, to figure this out, we need to look at the benefits of the most common ingredients used to cook Thai Food. Besides the delicious, though not so healthy friend rolls, traditional Thai Food is really healthy, and the ingredients are known to boost immunity and fight diseases.
Some of the benefits of the major ingredients in Thai food include:
- Turmeric: It has been used as a medicine to treat inflammatory conditions, skin diseases, wounds, digestive ailments, and liver conditions.
- Garlic: It has been used medicinally for centuries and may have considerable antibiotic properties. Garlic has also been used to treat bronchitis, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver disorders, colic, diabetes, and fevers.
- Lemongrass: It is a common ingredient in a lot of Asian cooking, but it is also brewed to make tea. Lemongrass contains inflammation-fighting compounds.
- Coriander: The leaves of the plant in early growth are known as cilantro, and the dried seeds are called coriander seeds. The plant is known for its healing capabilities and can help in the treatment of digestive issues, joint pain, coughs, inflammation, and other common complaints.
- Galangal: Galangal is rich in iron, vitamins A and C, flavonoids, and phytonutrients. It is commonly used to ease nausea, decrease bloating and digestive issues, and some studies have shown that it may help fight cancer.
- Coconut milk: Though it is a high-calorie food, coconut milk is a good source of numerous vitamins and minerals. Coconut milk contains MCT fats, which can help with weight loss, body composition, and metabolism.
- Guava: This tropical fruit is low in calories, loaded with fiber, and an excellent addition to a healthy diet. Guava fruit and leaf extracts may boost heart health, digestion, and the immune system.
- Pineapple: The benefits of pineapples have been known for centuries. It can boost immunity, improve pone and eye health, aid in digestion, cure coughs and colds, and accelerate weight loss.
- Fish sauce: It has strong antioxidant foraging capability against free radicals. The sauce, which is made from fermenting fish in salt and water, is rich in protein hydrolysates, which improves your body’s ability to use amino acids in the production of muscle and in tissue repair.
- Cumin: The health benefits of cumin aiding in digestion, improving immunity, treating skin disorders, and insomnia. It has also been used to help treat anemia and respiratory disorders like asthma and bronchitis.